I don’t quite remember when my interest for baking started. Growing up, my parents’s house didn’t have oven. So the only baking I did was in secondary school for Life Skill subject (Kemahiran Hidup). But I’ve always love cakes and pastry, especially cupcakes and croissants.
So my baking journey in London started in 2008, making butterfly cupcake. It never stops after that even though there was some huge period of time between each bake due to work travel. I even upgraded 2 essential baking equipments: Dav bought me a Kitchenaid Mixer for my birthday in 2010 and my sis bought me an electric weighing machine for Christmas in 2011.
Here’s a summary of all the yummy cakes, cookies and bread I’ve made so far:
- Jan 2008 – Butterfly Cupcake.
- May 2009 – Molten Chocolate Babycakes.
- Aug 2009 – Victoria Sponge Cake.
- Apr 2010 – Croissants.
- Jul 2010 – Swiss roll, Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- Aug 2010 – Chocolate & Vanilla Marble Cake, Marshmallow Cupcake, Pizza, Sourdough Bread.
- Dec 2010 – Red Velvet Cupcake.
- Jan 2011 – Banana Loaf, Almond Praline Cake.
- Feb 2011 – Rocky Road.
- Sep 2011 – Ham, Cheese & Mushroom Muffin.
- Oct 2011 – Green Tea Cupcake, Choc Chip Cookie, Carrot Cake.
- Nov 2011 – Chocolate & Almond Macaroons.
- Dec 2011 – Eclairs.
- Jan 2012 – Mary Berry’s Banana & Choc Chip Loaf.
- Apr 2012 – Meringue.
- May 2012 – Attended a bread making class and learned to bake bun, focaccia, white loaf and soda bread.
- Jun 2012 – Lavender Cupcake.
- Sep 2012 – Red Velvet Cake.
- Nov 2012 – Moustache butter cookie, Marbled chocolate crumble cake.
- Dec 2012 – Spiced pear and ginger cheesecake.
- Jan 2013 – Sausage Roll.