Dav wanted me to try baking Famous Amos Cookies. What a challenge. So I went in search for its recipe and found several similar recipes. Here’s the ingredients and instructions.
2 cups butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal, blended to powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
340g chocolate chips
100g nuts (your choice, I used pecan), chopped
- Preheat oven at 190C
- Cream the butter and both sugars
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix evenly
- Fold in flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate bar and nuts. Mix well (I used my hands in a food grade plastic bag, as it is too thick for my mixer).
- Roll into small balls (around 1 inch in diameter) and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet/tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 190 C.
Mountain of cookies!
Dav’s verdict = 7/10.