I’m writing this on the flight back to London, after watching 2 movies and 3 comedy series. I’ve even attempted to sleep but it was not very successful. I’m not sure what was the problem. I had a great sleep on the flight over to Brazil just one week ago.
Now I’ve assessed the environment I’m in right now and I think I know what has contributed to my failure to sleep. I will call this listing ‘Annoyances while flying’. Enjoy.
- Snoring passengers – This is perhaps the most annoying thing one can come across when flying on a long haul flight. I’m a very light sleeper therefore snoring can really affect my sleep. So there’s one passenger on the flight which is snoring. I wonder if the air steward is allowed to push snoring passenger to make them stop… hahahahaha I reckon they should have the rights to do so, so that everyone else on the flight can have a peaceful rest. (Sorry to those who is prone to snore!)
- Crying babies – It is definitely a nightmare to have babies on a long haul flight. Looking back at all my flights, it is quite seldom I get babies on a flight. But when I do, it is usually quite bad, i.e. non-stop crying at odd hours. I wonder if there’s something parents can give to babies to make them sleep most of the time.
- Non-stop moving passengers – For the past 10 hours, the passengers sitting all around me just keep moving around and hitting my chairs constantly!!! This is super super annoying. I just feel like yelling at them and say ‘STOP!’
- Lights on – Some guy sitting in front of me has been working on his laptop ever since we departed. His bloody laptop screen is bloody bright that it feels like the whole cabin is lighted up even though all the lights has been switched off for everyone to sleep. Now he has stopped working and I’m contributing to the brightness of the cabin while typing away on my mac. hahahahhaaha too bad. What comes around, goes around I say.
- Crappy seats – Now I know I shouldnt be complaining especially when I’m flying business class on long haul flight. But I cant help it. I’ve noticed that MAS has a very bad business class seats. MH’s seat can only be fully flat at an angle. This means when sleeping, one keeps sliding down, which means one cant have continuous sleep. Compared to the BA seat, it is sooo much better. It is fully flat with no risk of sliding down the chair.