It has been a looong time since I really like a tv series… CSI (the original version) has always been my all time favourite. Then came along House which I’ve stopped following ever since the original group of doctors disbanded. There was also X-Files which was also a favourite when I was in secondary school (Remember Joyce???)
I just wanted to share some of my new tv favourites. Who knows, maybe you’ll like it too.
- The Mentalist – Now in their second season, this show is all about crime solving using the main character’s strong observation skills. The show is not too serious and the lead, Simon Baker (English actor) is quite cute too. Even Dav likes watching this show.
- Fringe – Also in their second season, this show reminds me of X-Files. The show is about solving paranormal, unexplained occurrences. It also has a conspiracy theory where the US government is experimenting with various things. Exactly like X-Files! I like. 🙂
- Glee – This is an American musical comedy-drama about a group of high school outcast trying to enter a singing/dancing competition. Naturally this show has a good soundtrack. (I have been listening to it non-stop for the past few weeks)
- Gavin and Stacey – An award winning British comedy series. The show revolves around the lives of the title characters Gavin and Stacey, and follows their family lives, and the lives of their best friends, Smithy and Nessa, respectively. I was introduced to this show by my Geordie colleague. It is very very funny although at times we have a hard time understanding the accent. Sad to say, the creators have decided to end the show after 3 seasons.
- The Mighty Boosh – Introduced to us by my best friend, we can not get enough of this !!! After 3 seasons, there’s still no news whether they will continue writing another season or they will make a movie. The group has also been touring for the past 2 years which we missed last year.